‘Tis the season for ordering in and cooking right? With our stay at home advisory, there’s not really much else to do. So I put together a gift guide for a Chicago foodie. Whether cooking at home or ordering in, everything is local and makes a great gift!
1. Old Town Oil I love these oils! My favorite is the Tuscan herb. Add it to pasta and that’s it! So much flavor)
2. Dine-it-4ward This is a culinary guide that gives hundreds of coupons across the city. Think of it like a restaurant passport. Any foodie you know that may not cook but loves to dine out, this is the perfect gift. Use code DI4WMEDIA20 for $10 off at checkout. A portion of sales will also benefit different charitable organizations.
3. Southport Grocery One of my favorite brunch spots! They make their own jams, mixes, sauces and more. They have gift boxes available to order online now and they have curbside pick up or delivery.
4. Donut Candle– These candles are made my a local Chicago mama! They smell so good and she uses cotton wicks so they last longer! How cute would it be to gift someone this candle and a bunch of donuts for a foodie?!
5. Chicago Italian Beef kit- Any Italian beef lovers out there?! This kit comes with olive oil Hot Giardiniera, Olive Oil Mild Giardiniera, Sweet Pepper Seasoning, & Italian Beef Gravy Seasoning. Yummmy!
7. Chicago Cheese Board- This board is so cute! It’s like summer in the city on a board.
8. Heart Beats Differently in Chicago– Mug from one of my favorite boutiques in the city.
9. Chicago Gourmet Chocolate box- I love love love this chocolate. I actually did a tasting here with some people and we loved it! This Chicago chocolate box is so cute! There are two different sizes.
10. Chicago French Press Coffee Subscription– Chicago French Press is an awesome Black woman owned company! We do the monthly coffee subscription and love it! There are unique flavors each month and a few of my favorites are the pumpkin spice, regular and maple pecan. It starts at $10 and there’s different packages. There are gift cards to purchase coffee bags or subscriptions.
11. Empoli Pasta Lab– This newish concept is a takeout pasta lab. They specialize in pasta, sauces and caviar. And we had a kit a few months ago, so good! The pasta comes in a kit with fresh ingredients and directions to cook the most perfect, delicious dish. There’s even a video to follow along. If this gift doesn’t make a foodie happy, than I don’t know what else does!
Until next time,