With school starting back up and families looking to get back into the routine of things, meal planning can save so much time. I know I am always looking for ways to make our mornings a little easier. Especially with Noah in school two days a week now, these egg cups are perfect on the go.
Since we a a picky toddler at the moment, I made sure to chop all the veggies (especially the kale) into tiny pieces so they were somewhat hidden. And it worked! He ate two of them for breakfast in the stroller on the way to school! #momwin
This simple breakfast is easy, will save you time and toddler approved. Noah didn’t even taste the kale. You can also add in other veggies like spinach, tomatoes and even feta cheese. Freeze them in an airtight bag and you will have breakfast for the week. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 cups
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 c. reduced fat cheddar or Mexican cheese
- handful of chopped kale
- 6 oz. cooked turkey bacon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Optional: chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large glass mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk well.
- Stir in 3/4 c. cheese, cooked turkey bacon, kale, salt, and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly among 12 greased muffin cups. Fill in 1/2-3/4 way.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until centers are set and muffins are beginning to brown.
Thanks for reading!
Until next time,