Our new Friday tradition, shrimp taco Friday! Recently, we started buying Gorton’s products because they have come out with so many new seafood options. I remember it was really only fish filets, but there is so much more now. I found these panko crumb butterfly shrimp that are so good! These shrimp tacos with pico de gallo are so easy to make when all you have is 30 minutes for dinner.
#Ad #BTSWithGortons @gortonsseafood
I put together a platter where we could all make our own tacos. I added radishes, limes, cilantro, avocado and chips. But anything really goes. The shrimp is the main focus and everything can be added around it. I even thought about having an avocado creme dressing as an option, maybe I will do that next time.
While the shrimp baked for 16-19 minutes, I put together the ingredients for the pico de gallo. The recipe is below.
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapenos, seed and chopped
- handful of cilantro
- 1 lime, squeezed (I do prefer fresh but lime juice could work too)
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Dice tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cilantro. Mix together.
- Add juice from the lime, salt, and garlic. You can add more lime juice if you would like. I think I taste test how much is needed.
- You can let it sit for an hour or so in the fridge, but not necessary.
Once the shrimp is done, just assemble everything and that’s it! It’s pretty easy and we just ate it off the platter 🙂
We also like the All Natural Salmon Filets and you can see how I made a sheet pan here. I feel like so many of their products have been updated and great, easy weeknight meals.
If you made it, tag me @thechicagogoodlife and let me know!
Until next time,