This is one of those recipes I have just thrown together a few times. How did it come about? Honestly, from throwing things together from my fridge and trying to get Noah to eat more veggies. He is in the prime toddler years and veggies are not his favorite (you can read more about that here). It’s also a vegetarian meal, but you could always add a protein like chicken or shrimp.
It’s really fast and a great weekday meal when you need to put dinner together in a rush. Just ready in 15 minutes! Let me know what you guys think…
Serves: 2-4 people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 pouch of Uncle Ben’s Minute Garden Vegetable Rice
- 1 8oz chickpeas
- 1 8oz diced tomatoes
- 1 package frozen aspargus
- Add olive oil, garlic, and onions into your skillet on medium heat. Let simmer until onions begin to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas.
- While the tomatoes and chickpeas are cooking, microwave the asparagus and Uncle Ben’s Minute Garden Vegetable Rice, according to the directions on the package. Add rice to the skillet.
- Cut the asparagus in half and add to the skillet. (you can cut smaller if trying to “sneak” veggies into it). Add them to the skillet.
- Cover and cook on low for a few minutes.
This post was a sponsored Instagram post by Uncle Ben’s, but all opinions and views expressed are my own.