Hi! It’s me, your-not-so afraid to admit it salad lover. Especially this time of the year, I love a good, hearty salad. One of my mom hacks is taking a premade meal or any kind salad kit and really make it my own. That’s exactly what I did with this recipe. I used an Asian Salad Kit and a marinade for the steak. There is so much you can add based on what your preferences are. This Asian Chopped Salad with Steak is so good, easy and a perfect weekday meal. You do need some time for the marinade, but definitely something you can throw together before leaving for work.
I hope you guys enjoy it! And if you make it, let me know what you think!
You can either use the Dole Asian Salad Kit found at Jewel or Marianos. Aldi also has a great one too. I added avocados, but you can add everything from red onion to more sliced almonds if you would like.
- 1 ( 1 1/2- to 2-pound) flank steak (We only had beef stir fry in our freezer, but it worked out great)
- 1/4 cup low sodium Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the plastic bag in a large bowl and then add the soy sauce, sesame oil and vegetable oil to the bag. Whisk in the honey, garlic, ginger and green onions. Add the steak to the bag, flipping it to coat it in the marinade, and then seal the plastic bag.
- Place the steak in the fridge and marinate it overnight, or for a minimum of 10 hours.When ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and preheat your cooking surface (grill or stovetop grill pan).
- Remove the steak from the marinade, discard the leftover liquid, and sear the steak on each side until it’s cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes or so and add it to your salad.
And as always, you can sign up for weekly blog alerts here. Thank you for following along!
Until next time,
This was an Instagram post sponsored by Kikkoman, but all opinions and ideas are my own.