12 Chicago Holiday Hotels and Packages for If you’re planning a family getaway or a couple’s trip to downtown Chicago during the holidays, I’ve rounded up my favorite hotels and packages for you! I know with lots of us having some time off coming up, we want to take advantage of some of the great hotels in the city!
We divided the post into family and couple packages so there is a little something for everyone this holiday season!
Family Friendly Hotels
- Swissotel Chicago – This hotel is one of our favorites! You can either book a visit with Santa (update: sold out for 2022 but Breakfast with Santa on Dec. 10 and 11 still has times available), pop into the hotel’s holiday speakeasy or stay in the actual Santa Suite! They transform their huge Presidential Suite into Santa’s Chicago holiday home complete with 17 Christmas trees! There’s also the Elf-Decorated Room which includes holiday cookies and a decorated tree. They also have a few other super fun specials like the Kids Suite and Shedd Aquarium, Art Institute, and Field Museum packages.
- Loews Chicago – Loews Chicago has the cutest package called GingerBed + Breakfast. This special staycation includes a spacious room, a tent for the kids, books to check-out from their Holiday Bedtime Story Cart, hot cocoa, an in-room movie, daily $50 breakfast credit and a gingerbread cookie decoration kit, and valet parking for one car per night.
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel – We love these rooms and the location! They have a balcony with Millennium Park or Lake Michigan views! The Radisson is walking distance to Millennium Park, Navy Pier, and the Mag Mile. They have an indoor pool, a fitness center, an outdoor running track, and a steam and sauna room. They currently offer different discounts like educators get 10% off and a free upgrade! I love their awesome kids camping package that includes a tent, toys, and breakfast. If you’re not ready to hit book now, I suggest checking their site after thanksgiving for deals. Last year, they had a cyber Monday deal!
- Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park – The Fairmont Chicago transforms into the Fairmont Lodge during winter months. It’s really, really nice! Their decor is super cozy with indoor “fire pits,” special drinks, and private cabins. Prices range from $25 to $75 and include signature cocktails and a special festive menu with sweet and savory fondue items and s’mores. Fire pit tables are available Wednesday through Sunday. Reservations are required. They also still have Breakfast with Santa tickets still available for December 3rd!
- Waldorf Astoria Chicago – The Waldorf Astoria is the BEST in winter with their amazing lobby decor, in-room fireplaces and decorated trees!. I have stayed here with the kids AND alone for a mom cation. It’s one of my favs. Plus, the bar and pool area is really nice!
Hotel packages for the adults
- The Hoxton Chicago – The Hoxton Chicago in the West Loop is swanky and modern and I would love to have a romantic staycation here! There’s tons to do in this area and it’s not far from Michigan Avenue and downtown. The hotel lobby bar is beautful and you can have dinner at Cabra on the rooftop OR drinks at the Speakeasy-ish Lazy Bird.
- LondonHouse Chicago – LH is another favorite of mine. I love their decked out lobby, rooftop igloos, and afternoon tea. They have a few packages like Bed & Breakfast or spa stays.
- The LaSalle Chicago – I checked out this new luxury boutique hotel from Marriott a few weeks ago and it was beautiful! The downtown location is perfect and the rooms are huge and GORGEOUS! Plus, they 24-hour room service. 😉
- The Gwen Chicago – This luxury hotel has all the amenities! Rooftop fire pits and curling, amazing restaurants, afternoon tea, and a great happy hour. Check out their “Love in the Windy City” package which includes Prosecco, a $50 daily dining credit and a late checkout. The city views are so pretty! Love this for a date night too.
- Viceroy Chicago – Viceroy’s rooftop lounge, Devereaux, has chalets and fire pits. Their restaurant, Somerset, gets decked out for the holidays and is super yummy.
- The Emily Hotel – one of West Loop’s newest boutique hotels has a coffee shop, restaurant, and cocktail lounge. In the summer, their rooftop was transformed into an outdoor movie theatre. With the weather changing, I got to try out their curling experience and it was so fun and reasonably priced! Downstairs lobby has huge fire pits and heaters!
- The Langham Chicago – The Langham’s lobby is gorgeous during the holidays! The restaurant, Travelle, also gets a holiday makeover. Book a one bedroom river view suite and you get a decorated tree in your room, The River Romance package includes river or lake-view accommodations, valet parking, breakfast credit, a bottle of Champagne, high-speed internet, and more. They also have a beautiful holiday afternoon tea. They don’t have their holiday packages up on the website yet, so keep checking their IG and website!
I hope this helps you plan your holiday staycation in downtown Chicago! There are so many holiday hotels to choose from! Be sure to check out all my Chicago holiday blogs below:
- Chicago Experience Gifts for Kids this year
- Chicago Holiday Experience Gifts for Adults This Year
- Chicago-Themed Gift Guide
- 20 Great Chicago Locations for Holiday Photos