We recently started a series called, Manny’s Monday Meals, where we highlight recipes we make all the time at home. Manny loves, loves to cook. His parents are the same way. It’s nothing fancy, but just simple, easy ingredients. Just like this easy shrimp taco recipe!
I think they key in this recipe is getting fresh shrimp if you can! It makes a big difference. If that’s not possibly, making sure the shrimp is completely defrosted.
I also prefer El Milagro flour tortillas with this recipe too!
I hope you like it!
– 1-2 lb shrimp, deveined and tail-off and defrosted
– 2 tbs Olive Oil
– 1 lime
– 1 tbs red pepper flakes
– 1 tbs garlic powder
– 1 tbs cumin
– Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a large zip lock bag, put in all ingredients
2. Put in shrimp, and mix around so all shrimp is covered with the marinade
3. Let marinate for 1-2 hours
4. Cook on high heat 1-2 minutes per side
5. Top with Pico de gallo and cilantro
Pico de Gallo:
-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
-1 small red onion, diced
-1 jalapeño, chopped
-2-3 limes (or lime juice)
-Handful of cilantro
-Salt & garlic powder to taste
-Chill for 1-2 hours
The next day, I made a salad with the leftover shrimp! If you want some other recipes, check some ore out here. Let me know if you like it!