Spring Break is here and sometimes I think the best way to keep busy during break with family is having a staycation! Chicago has so many things to do, especially when the weather gets nice. We put a list together of 20 things to do outside, with families or just exploring the city on a spring, sunny day!
The list has a range of free and paid activities, but aways check their websites or socials to make sure everything is updated.
If you are looking for some things to do with friends for a girl’s weekend, we put together a very detailed 3 day itinerary filled with discounts up to $65 to local businesses in the West Loop! Check the West Loop Itinerary here.
20 Things to do over Spring Break:
1. Stroll the Riverwalk downtown.
2. Brewery with a view at Metropolitan Brewery in Avondale
3. Explore Henry C. Palmisano Park in Bridgeport (FREE)
4. Osaka Gardens in Jackson Park (FREE)
6. Patio lunch with a view @robertspizzaco in Streeterville
7. Maggie Daley Park in Millennium Park.
8. Chicago Fireboat Cruise– very family friendly boat tour with a full bar and snacks aboard. We have brought our stroller in the past and they have been very accommodating! Might be a little chilly, but spring is a great time to take boat rides to avoid the summer crowds and ticket prices!
9. Spring Flower Show at @gpconservatory (FREE) in Garfield Park
10. Chicago History Museum (FREE for IL residents ⬇️ 18)- great to do on a rainy, spring day.
11. Montrose Bird Conservatory at Montrose Beach (FREE)
12. Lincoln Park Zoo (FREE) and then walk around the park. You can also have lunch in Old Town at places like Forastero or J. Parker for a lunch with a view (family friendly during the day).
13. Drive in Movie at ChitownFutbol in Pilsen
14. Stroll Lincoln Square (Gene’s Sausage has a seasonal rooftop!) in Lincoln Square
15. Walk across the 35th St bridge towards Burnham Park and find La Ronda Parakata in Bronzeville (FREE)
16. Green City Market is opening early this year in Lincoln Park.
17. Rooftop Bar with views Hyatt Place Chicago in Wicker Park
18. Ping Tom Memorial Park in Chinatown (FREE)
19. Sky Deck immersive experience at the bottom of the Willis Tower in the Loop.
This is just a tiny fraction of what there is to do when the weather finally breaks! You can always follow me on IG for more. You can find me on instagram at TheChicagoGoodLife! and enjoy your spring break!
20. Field Museum in the South Loop (FREE with Chicago Public Library Museum Pass)